[Attempto] Using a proxy server with AceView

Kaarel Kaljurand kaljurand at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 22:16:11 CET 2008

Hi,

On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 8:08 PM, Haley, John (H USA)
<john.haley at siemens.com> wrote:
> I am behind a corporate firewall and need to specify a proxy server to
> access Internet resources.
>
> How can I specify a proxy server for AceView OWL->ACE service?
>
> I am passing proxy information to Protege 4 JVM via the Protege.lax file
> which allows me to access ontologies from the web.

Do I understand correctly that the problem is that the OWL verbalizer is
running on a non-standard port 5123 (i.e. http://attempto.ifi.uzh.ch:5123/)?

Does the access to the ACE->OWL/SWRL webservice
(i.e. http://attempto.ifi.uzh.ch/ws/ape/apews.perl) work?

Frankly I don't know how to solve this problem.

But the next version of ACE View will have a nicer URL (i.e. based on
port 80) for
the OWL->ACE service. I'll try to release it next week the latest, and
announce it
on the list.

> Any timeframe on when I could down the code to run the Verbalizer locally?

Hopefully in a week or so I'll make a pre-release of the OWL verbalizer. This
will include the Prolog code of the verbalizer which can be compiled
with SWI-Prolog,
and run locally as a webservice, i.e. you would get a URL like
http://localhost:5123/.
A more direct Java-to-Prolog interface would also be possible (like is
currently possible
for the ACE->OWL/SWRL service) but this would take more time.

--
kaarel