[Attempto] leq

Tobias Kuhn t.kuhn at gmx.ch
Sun Apr 5 14:11:39 CEST 2009

Jason,

> Well, not to spam, but it seems that maybe a few things like 'less than'
> and 'at most' are just not implemented?  This is what ACE Editor says:

The "NOT IMPLEMENTED" refers only to the paraphrase. The paraphraser does not support all of ACE at
the moment.

> Also I diffed the greps for 'geq' vs. 'leq'.  I'm wondering if I could
> learn prolog and maybe add the leq?  Or maybe it is more complicated
> than I think.

The ACE to DRS translation is implemented for all ACE constructs including "less than" and "at
most", but at the moment most tools are not able to do proper reasoning with these constructs. Since
we are not satisfied with the current DRS representation, we will introduce a new representation of
"less than" and "at most" with the next release of APE.

In general, plurals are a very tricky thing and can be interpreted in many different ways (e.g.
collective versus distributive reading). RACE will implement what we are calling the "standard ACE
semantics" of plurals. However, other tools are free to interpret the plurals in a different way.

Tobias