[Attempto] Installation of local version of ACE view

Kaarel Kaljurand kaljurand at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 23:00:22 CEST 2009

Hi,

I need more time to answer your mail.
Now I'd like to clarify just one bit.

On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 22:29, Eddy Vanderlinden <info at fadyart.com> wrote:
> 1. Increased performance.
> Since the ontology is at only 20 % of the intended normal capacity (with
> only generic individuals unless they are needed as reference data for
> conceptualisation) the first wish would be the performance: probably through
> a local installation, but I leave it to others to judge of the best
> practice.
> At today it takes an hour to run the 2MB ontology through the webservice
> with a high speed connection.

Are you talking about verbalizing an OWL ontology in ACE,
i.e. the OWL->ACE webservice?

It is possible to install the OWL verbalizer (that provides the
OWL->ACE service)
locally, see:

https://lists.ifi.uzh.ch/pipermail/attempto/2008-December/000087.html

It's written in Prolog but at least you don't need JPL to use it. ;)

Maybe this helps somewhat. The Attempto server is relatively slow,
to verbalize large ontologies, a local installation of the verbalizer
is really needed.

--
kaarel