[Attempto] Q: "ape -solo owlfsspp" output structure

Joshua TAYLOR tayloj at cs.rpi.edu
Fri Aug 21 22:25:09 CEST 2009

This thread caught my eye.  If I understand correctly, the OP used the
APE parser to generate an OWLFSS ontology, and it got an error from
another system parsing the OWLFSS ontology.  That parser's error
message suggests that ObjectProperty isn't supposed to appear where it
does.

For instance, in

   ObjectPropertyAssertion(
      ObjectProperty(:part)
      Individual(:Iceland)
      AnonymousIndividual(62672087801701202)
   )

I think that for OWL1.1 (see [1]) §4.2 (for ObjectPropertyExpression)
and §6.4 (for ObjectPropertyAssertion) would have ":part" appear
without being wrapped in "ObjectProperty".  The same would seem to
hold for OWL2 (see Appendix §13 in [2]).

Hope this helps (and sorry for the noise if I'm mistaken), //JT

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/owl11-syntax/
[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/owl2-syntax/