[Attempto] loading, saving, and clearing ACE Wiki ontologies? Controlled languages built on other formalisms?

Tobias Kuhn t.kuhn at gmx.ch
Sun Dec 6 13:13:40 CET 2009

Hi Bill,

Thanks for your feedback!

Murray, William R wrote:
> I was thinking it would be nice to demonstrate different versions of ACE
> Wiki ontologies, e.g.,
> one that is military domain-specific for manager-customers here and
> others that are “pure” to
> show the reasoning and logic capabilities for scientist-colleagues.
>
> So, it would be nice to save ontology, and load another. And
> occasionally clear the current
> ontology and start over. Just thought I’d add that to you overflowing
> wish list :) I assume
> currently that would require hacking the XML folder and data folders
> whenever I wanted to
> switch ontologies.

Right, such kinds of configurations and modifications are possible but
they require to change the web.xml file or to manually modify the data
files on the server.

Saving/loading/deleting can be done by coping/renaming/deleting the data
directories on the server (in the directory "data") and restarting the
servlet container (e.g. Tomcat).

Instead of switching between ontologies, it is probably easier to run
multiple AceWiki instances in parallel. There are comments in the
web.xml file that explain how this can be done:

http://attempto.ifi.uzh.ch/site/docs/java/web.xml

By the way: A new version of AceWiki will be released tomorrow!

Tobias