[Attempto] Windows 7 install problem

George Herson gherson at snet.net
Mon Dec 14 04:04:30 CET 2009

Greetings,

This is mostly an info report that following the http://attempto.ifi.uzh.ch/site/docs/java/README.txt instructions on two Windows 7 machines, a Intel Core 2 Duo and Athlon 64, led to

    java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: C:\Program Files\pl\bin\jpl.dll: Can't find dependent libraries

even though C:\Program Files\pl\bin was in my PATH.

Also for both, Dependency Walker (free from dependencywalker.com) showed these problems for that jpl.dll:

"Error: At least one required implicit or forwarded dependency was not found.
Warning: At least one delay-load dependency module was not found.
Warning: At least one module has an unresolved import due to a missing export function in a delay-load dependent module."   Flagged were
JVM.DLL
MSVCR90.DLL
IESHIMS.DLL
SHLWAPI.DLL
IEFRAME.DLL
The first three couldn't be found and copying them into c:\windows\system32 just created further, similar problems.

SWI-Prolog starts up but if I had to guess I would say that use of the jpl.dll may be problematic on Windows 7.

The "Preditor" is working, though.

My command to launch the web server was
    C:\>java -Djava.library.path="C:\Program Files\pl\bin" -jar "C:\Program Files\jetty-runner-7.0.0.RC6.jar" "C:\Program Files\attempto_java_packages-091207\webapps.war"

Next I'll try Fedora Linux.

Regards,
George