[Attempto] patterns for ACE

Martin Luts martin.luts at eesti.ee
Mon Feb 9 16:35:43 CET 2009

Thank you, Tobias!

The realisation of genus-part of the definition in ACE with the "every
noun1 is a noun2" schema is ok, but the differentia-part of definition
is also needed. Lets take Aristotle's example "Man is an animal whose
nature it is to live in a polis". Can it be put into ACE as "Every man
is an animal and lives in a city."? Does it follow, that if an animal
lives in a city, he's indeed a man? :)

And one question concerning ACEWiki - is there a sandbox (like the
MediaWiki has), eg an article where all the intrested parties can
test?

Regards,
Martin