[Attempto] ACEWiki export from ACEView

Tobias Kuhn t.kuhn at gmx.ch
Fri Jan 30 16:09:54 CET 2009

Hi,

Jiang, Guoqian, Ph.D. wrote:
> One question about ACEWiki is whether it is possible to have a
> hierarchical view for an ontology in ACEWiki (e.g. based on subclassOf
> relation).

At the moment, there is only the hierarchy tab where you see all sub- and super-classes of the class
of the current article.

I am planning to support something like a hierarchy view where one can browse through the complete
hierarchy. But since the hierarchy structure is not necessarily a tree but only a DAG, I am unsure
about what would be the best way to represent it. The easiest solution is to represent the DAG as a
tree where the same class can occur at different places in the tree (as in the Protege hierarchy
view). But in my view this representation is rather confusing. Any suggestions how this could be
done better?

Tobias