[Attempto] The work process of ACE

Norbert E. Fuchs fuchs at ifi.uzh.ch
Wed Mar 11 01:48:37 CET 2009

On 10 Mar 2009, at 18:30, Stony Zhang wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>          I’m a new one in ACE. Anyone can give me a brief
> introduction about the work process of ACE.
> For example, ACE àDRSàDCG, then prolog can recognize DCG and convert
> it to prolog rule.
>          I don’t know how to learn it, any help is appreciated!
>
> Thanks
> Stony

Stony

I will try to guide you step-wise to an understanding of Attempto
Controlled English.

1. Have a look at the Attempto web-site attempto.ifi.uzh.ch/site/
where you find everything about ACE and its tools.

2. To get a brief introduction read the paper

Norbert E. Fuchs, Kaarel Kaljurand, and Tobias Kuhn. Attempto
Controlled English for Knowledge Representation. In Cristina Baroglio,
Piero A. Bonatti, Jan Maluszynski, Massimo Marchiori, Axel Polleres,
and Sebastian Schaffert, editors, Reasoning Web, Fourth International
Summer School 2008, number 5224 in Lecture Notes in Computer Science,
pages 104–124. Springer, 2008.

that you find at http://attempto.ifi.uzh.ch/site/pubs/papers/reasoningweb2008_fuchs.pdf

3. To learn more about ACE read http://attempto.ifi.uzh.ch/site/docs/ace_nutshell.html
  and then peruse the course http://attempto.ifi.uzh.ch/site/courses/files/bonn2008.pdf

4. Play around with the tools that you find on the Attempto web-site,
specifically with the Attempto Parsing Engine http://attempto.ifi.uzh.ch/ape/

5. Come back to me with any question that you may have.

Best regards.