[Attempto] RACE Web Service problem

Norbert E. Fuchs fuchs at ifi.uzh.ch
Wed Mar 25 19:49:52 CET 2009

On 25 Mar 2009, at 12:59, Calin Bindea wrote:

> Is there any way to supply RACE with the Lexicon before/after I
> supply the axioms? Also, can I run RACE so that it guesses the
> unknown words?
> I am currently prefixing unknown words with n:,v: etc, but it is
> inconvenient for a natural language interface, because every
> instance of an unknown word needs to have the prefix.

RACE calls the APE web-client. Thus supplying a lexicon to APE via
RACE is certainly possible. I will investigate this next week.

> A very simple example of what I am trying to run is:
> <race:Axioms>A n:actuator is a resource.</race:Axioms>
> <race:Theorems>What is a n:actuator?</race:Theorems>
>
> This works just fine, but when I try to run the axiom as generated
> by the Ace View from the ontology I get:
> <race:Axioms>Every n:actuator is a resource.</race:Axioms>
> <race:Theorems>What is a n:actuator?</race:Theorems>
>
> <race:Word>copula: is/are</race:Word>
> <race:Word>common noun: actuator</race:Word>
> <race:Word>query(_G10896, what)</race:Word>
> I am not sure what I am doing wrong here.

Note that in your first example it says "an actuator", while in the
second example it says "every actuator". Thus in the second example
there is no instance of an actuator that could answer your query.

By the way, I am working on improving the "Why Not?" output.

Best regards.