[Attempto] RACE Web Service problem

Norbert E. Fuchs fuchs at ifi.uzh.ch
Wed Mar 25 20:13:39 CET 2009

On 25 Mar 2009, at 14:47, Calin Bindea wrote:

> I am working on the following Axioms:
> Resource1 is a resource. Resource1 v:hasCoordinateX 10.
>
> How can a user ask for the hasCoordinateX of Resource1 ?
> I tried: "What v:hasCoordinateX Resource1?" but i got:
> Query cannot be answered.

Three comments.

1. Don't you want to ask "What does Resource1 v:hasCoordinateX?"?

2. Even this updated question is not answered by the current version
of RACE because the number 10 is not represented as a separate object,
but occurs as an argument of the DRS condition derived from
"hasCoordinateX". I am working on this in the context of extending
RACE to process arithmetic.

3. The tools of the Attempto project are based on (controlled) natural
language, and we try to avoid "OWLish" like hasCoordinateX.

Regards.