[Attempto] mathematical formulas in Ace View (and Ace)

Norbert E. Fuchs fuchs at ifi.uzh.ch
Wed Apr 14 17:36:24 CEST 2010

On 14 Apr 2010, at 13:00, Jean-Marc Vanel wrote:

> I found no example about that in the documentation. But after reading the doc :) I came with this satisfying ACE text :

You can find examples in the ACE construction rules document.

>   "The distance X traveled by a mobile is (1/2)*G*T*T . G is the acceleration . T is the elapsed time."

I would have written your sentence as

For all acceleration G for all elapsed-time T the distance that a mobile travels is 1/2*G*T*T.

This is not only simpler, but also relates the variables, and most importantly uses universal quantification.