[Attempto] Ace View : strange extra variable in SWRL

Kaarel Kaljurand kaljurand at gmail.com
Mon Apr 19 09:26:58 CEST 2010

Hi,

On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 9:40 PM, Jean-Marc Vanel <jeanmarc.vanel at gmail.com>
wrote:

> ACE , on the other side, is able to "inline" the identical original
variables X and Y :
> ./ape.exe -solo paraphrase -guess -text "If a busLine B has a
departureTown D, and B has an arrivalTown A, and D has a location X, and A
has a location Y, and X is Y then the busLine B is a localBusLine ."
> Every n:busLine that has a n:departureTown that has a n:location that is a
n:location X1 that has an n:arrivalTown that has the n:location X1 is a
n:localBusLine .

This paraphrase is not correct, i.e. the DRS of this paraphrase is not
equivalent to the DRS of the original sentence. Unfortunately the NP ACE
paraphraser (that was picked by the paraphrase-flag in this case)
contains some bugs.

I've attached a script that demonstrates the bug by paraphrasing the
original rule and its NP ACE paraphrase in Core ACE.
The output of this script is:

Core ACE paraphrase of the rule:

If a n:busLine X1 has a n:departureTown X2 and the n:busLine X1 has an
n:arrivalTown X3 and the n:departureTown X2 has a location X4 and the
n:arrivalTown X3 has a location X5 and the location X4 is the location X5
then the n:busLine X1 is a n:localBusLine .

Core ACE paraphrase of the NP ACE paraphrase of the rule:

If a n:busLine X1 has a n:departureTown X2 and the n:departureTown X2 has a
location X3 and the location X3 is a location X4 and *an n:arrivalTown X5
has the location X4 and the location X4 has the n:arrivalTown X5* then the
n:busLine X1 is a n:localBusLine .

--
kaarel