[Attempto] Pellet vs RACE

George Herson gherson at snet.net
Sun Aug 8 12:50:54 CEST 2010

Hi Tobias,

For layer 2, if complex statements not likely to involve gobs of memory could be
identified, i'd start them right away at low priority rather than waiting, to
conserve cpu and user time.

As you say, retaining performance with scale has to be solved to achieve non-R&D
utility.  What about the idea to stick the wiki data in a SQL engine?  Is
modern, Turing-complete SQL too incapable somehow compared with Prolog?  Would
Datalog be a cost-effective compromise?

On the front to expand AceWiki's ACE subset, is RACE ready for release Prof
Fuchs?  I volunteer to work on giving it the needed Java API.  The stateless
RACE Web Service isn't a good alternative for AceWiki given the amount of text
that would need to be sent with each request.

thanks,
George