[Attempto] [ACE Lexicon]

Norbert E. Fuchs fuchs at ifi.uzh.ch
Mon Dec 6 12:23:23 CET 2010

On 6 Dec 2010, at 11:53, Jean-Marc Vanel wrote:

> 2010/12/6 mohammed nasri <mohammed.nasri at gmail.com>
>
> Mais oui !
> yes indeed!
>
> Just donwload the ACE lexicon, from the ATTEMPTO download page, and
> copy clex_lexicon.pl inside your ape/ directory, overriding the
> original (small) file.

Mohammed

Even following Jean-Marc's excellent advice you will find that the full ACE lexicon does not contain all the words that you need for your example – and for the rest of the sentences derived from the library data base problem. In fact, there are two additional things that you have to do.

First, multi-words like "checked out" and "staff member" must by hyphenated, i.e. written as "checked-out" and "staff-member".

Second, words like "staff-member" do not occur in the ACE lexicon. You have three possibilities to make them known to the parser: add them to the lexicon or devise your own user lexicon (best solution), use prefixes like n:, or parse with word guessing. Check the Attempto documents how to do all of this.

Let me know if you have problems.

Regards.