[Attempto] APE Webclient parsing error

Norbert E. Fuchs fuchs at ifi.uzh.ch
Sat Jan 2 01:25:37 CET 2010

On 30 Dec 2009, at 21:34, Kenneth Jones wrote:

> A screenshot is attached.  Note the syntax error: the word "and" occurs at the end of the next-to-the-last line and at the beginning of the last line and is therefore repeated.  I just wanted to let you know about the error handling.
>
> -- Ken

Ken

While we are working on the error that you reported in relation to your sentence

If p:String-To-Be-Parsed starts with X1 and X1 is "drs" and
X1 v:immediately-precedes X2 and X2 is "(" and
X2 v:immediately-precedes X3 and X3 is Y and
X3 v:immediately-precedes X4 and X4 is "," and
X4 v:immediately-precedes X5 and X5 is Z and
X5 v:immediately-precedes X6 and X6 is ")" and
and Y is a n:domain-definition and Z is a n:conditions-definition
then p:String-To-Be-Parsed must be a n:drs-definition.

I was wondering whether your sentence could not be expressed more concisely as

If there is a n:domain-definition D
and there is a n:conditions-definition C
and a n:string-to-be-parsed is ["drs", "(", D, "," , C ,")"]
then the n:string-to-be-parsed is a n:drs-definition.

Regards.