[Attempto] APE Webclient parsing error

Kenneth Jones kennethjone at gmail.com
Sat Jan 2 19:02:15 CET 2010

I appreciate you taking the time to respond to my message.  Keeping the DRS
of the grammar rules as simple as possible will definitely make my work
easier.  I will focus on this.  The tip about using the phrase "there is a
n:conditions-definition C" instead of "C is a n:conditions-definition" is
something I will also keep in mind.

Using a sentence-external marker and using "is" instead of "must be" makes a
lot of sense.  I believe in keeping things as simple as possible (the KISS
principle).  As you say, this approach may also make things simpler and more
obvious for the reader.  In the beginning I can simply keep the different
kinds of statements in different files, each with a file extension that
indicates how it should be interpreted.  This is great advice.  At a later
time, if I feel it might be useful, I can experiment with trying to
integrate the different sentence types into a single coherent multi-paradigm
language with modules that contain mixed sentence types.

Any more tips/guidance you can think of will be greatly appreciated.

-- Ken