[Attempto] ACE View: expressions with more than one operator, like V=X*Y*Z .

Jean-Marc Vanel jeanmarc.vanel at gmail.com
Thu Jul 8 18:53:37 CEST 2010

2010/7/5 Kaarel Kaljurand <kaljurand at gmail.com>

> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Jun 21, 2010 at 13:26, Jean-Marc Vanel <jeanmarc.vanel at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > Now I paved the way for the case of expressions with more than one
> > operator, like V=X*Y*Z .
> > This works in pure ACE, but with ACE View, the implementations for
> > algebraic formulas was sketchy.
>
> I've now made a few improvements to the DRS->SWRL code. You can
> unpack the attached tarball into utils/owlswrl/ of the latest APE release.
> The main change is that now complex arithmetical expressions (in the DRS)
> are supported by mapping each of them to a set of SWRL builtin atoms.
> This works now for the owlfss output but not yet for the owlxml or
> owlrdf outputs,
> so this update is not usable for ACE View which depends on owlxml/owlrdf.
>
> My test cases were:
>
> (1) If a n:rectangle R has a n:length L1 and R has a n:length L2 then
> R v:has-surface S, and S = ( L1 * L2 ).
>
> (2) If a rectangle R has a length L1 and R has a length L2 then R
> v:has-surface ( L1 * L2 ).
>
> (3) If there is a circle C and C's radius is R and C's area is S then
> S = Pi * (R * R) / 1.
>
> See the corresponding SWRL versions in the attached swrl_test.out. I'm
> not claiming that the corresponding SWRL is entirely correct,
> e.g. in (3) 'radius' and 'area' should actually be data-properties and
> 'Pi' should not be an object individual but rather be replaced by a number
> in the SWRL version.
>
> Greetings from Luang Phabang,
> Kaarel

Kaarel, this was great work!
I commited all this here :
http://deductions.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/deductions/ape/utils/owlswrl/

Plus a bonus in owlfss_owlrdfxml.pl : I added a clause to description_atom/3
, to translate DataProperty/3 fact into swrl:IndividualPropertyAtom XML
element .
So that now this produces a result:

text2="If a rectangle R has a length L1 and R has a length L2 then R
v:has-surface ( L1 * L2 )."
./ape.exe -text "$text2" -guess -solo owlrdf

But not yet with:
text3="If there is a circle C and C's radius is R and C's area is S then S =
Pi * (R * R) / 1."

As I already wrote , it's not very convenient to work on a separate
Subversion depot. As an alternative, you could setup a Sourceforge account,
and I would make you developer an that project I curently commit ATTEMPTO to
.

Greetings from Versailles

--
Jean-Marc Vanel