[Attempto] ACE View with the latest Protege (4.1. beta) throiwing an exception

Kaarel Kaljurand kaljurand at gmail.com
Thu Jul 15 18:09:29 CEST 2010

Hi Ken,

On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 13:16, Kenneth Jones <kennethjone at gmail.com> wrote:
> Kaarel, have you given any thought to creating a port for the Eclipse-based
> Neon Toolkit?

Not really. About 2 years ago this possibility occurred to me
but I didn't check how much work would be involved. And I still
know almost nothing about the Neon Toolkit. If it is based on OWL-API then
pretty much only the GUI code must
be rewritten (i.e. ch.uzh.ifi.attempto.aceview.ui.*), if not then it's
probably too much work.

In any case, creating this port would be healthy for the ACE View codebase.
I.e. it would have to be modularized so that it works on 2 different platforms.

What do you think the benefits are of using ACE View on Neon Toolkit?

--
kaarel