[Attempto] from DRS to ACE

Norbert E. Fuchs fuchs at ifi.uzh.ch
Thu Jul 15 20:23:09 CEST 2010

On 15 Jul 2010, at 19:19, Gabriele Kahlout wrote:

> I've gone through most of the material suggested (learn prolog now).
>
> Looking through the code of drs_to_ace.pl I understand that to get the ACE text from a DRS I should:
>
> Bind the DRS code to a variable and then call:
> drs_to_ace(X,Y).
> And then Y should be bound to the ACE. I've done that in what follows:
>
> X = '[A]
> |       object(A,cat,countable, na, eq, 1)-1/4'.
>
> -- X = '[A]\n   object(A,cat,countable, na, eq, 1)-1/4'.
>
> drs_to_ace(X,Y).
>
> --X = drs(_G303, []),
> --Y = []
>
> The results are unexpected though. Could someone point out where I'm going wrong, and possibly provide a example that works?

The Variable X needs to represent the DRS as a Prolog term.

?- drs_to_ace(drs([A], [object(A,cat,countable, na, eq, 1)-1/2]), Y).
Y= [['There is a cat.']].

or, if you want to bind the DRS to a variable X first

?- X=drs([A], [object(A,cat,countable, na, eq, 1)-1/2]), drs_to_ace(X,Y).
X = drs([A], [object(A, cat, countable, na, eq, 1)-1/2]),
Y = [['There is a cat.']].