[Attempto] [SWIPL] Bridge, SWI Prolog and ACE

Norbert E. Fuchs fuchs at ifi.uzh.ch
Tue Jul 20 13:49:11 CEST 2010

On 20 Jul 2010, at 10:46, ccape at tin.it wrote:

> ... I'm going to rewrite a small program (handling of contract bridge tournaments, actually used) using SWI-Prolog,
> and extend it with game logic, something I approached about 15 years ago, but only as a prototype.
> I think that contract bridge, that intrigued me for its 'linguistic formal' part, could profitably match RDF, using Attempto to code the rules...

Carlo

The Attempto part struck me.

I have been leader of the project Attempto in which we have developed the language Attempto Controlled English (ACE) and its tools (attempto.ifi.uzh.ch). ACE has been used in many application fields, but never – as far as I know – for contract bridge.

Best regards.

Norbert E. Fuchs
Department of Informatics & Institute of Computational Linguistics
University of Zurich