[Attempto] Searching property values using ACE

Ruesche-Jr, Daniel H daniel.h.ruesche-jr at boeing.com
Thu Jul 29 18:22:58 CEST 2010

I am trying to find a way to use ACE to query an ontology including property values but have not found a way to generate acetext from a long text string
I have Protégé 4+ and the ACE View Tab.  I can ACE query successfully the classes and individuals but have not succeeded in using the values of properties.

It appears what gets searched is the text tagged as acetext in the .OWL file.  It also appears this acetext is the results of generating ACE snippets.  My expectation is, the user should be able to produce an ACE snippet corresponding to a property and therefore enable an ACE search on that value.

ItemA is a "candy apple red Porsche carrera, blah blah blah"

I have been unable to find the ACE syntax to properly format the snippet.  What is the correct syntax?

<noun> is a <lengthy text string>

In the above example, the real ontology has a class "ItemA" (not an individual) the Dublin Core property known as description to hold the text string "candy apple red Porsche carrera, blah blah blah"

I want to be able to ACE query the following:
Q: What is a Porsche?