[Attempto] algebraic expressions in ACE - continued

Kaarel Kaljurand kaljurand at gmail.com
Mon Jun 14 19:04:11 CEST 2010

Hi Jean-Marc,

On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 17:33, Jean-Marc Vanel <jeanmarc.vanel at gmail.com> wrote:
> Le 11 juin 2010 07:36, Kaarel Kaljurand <kaljurand at gmail.com> a écrit :
>
> I discovered further problems.
> In fact the processing of expressions in the transform
> utils/owlswrl/owlfss_owlrdfxml.pl
> was not implemented.

:(

Ideally, I want to get rid of owlfss_owlrdfxml.pl and reuse a library
written by an RDF expert for that. There is the Thea library that has been
updated to work with OWL2 and also SWRL, see:

http://www.semanticweb.gr/thea/index.html
http://wiki.github.com/vangelisv/thea/

I have not looked into it yet, but I hope that reading and writing OWL and
SWRL serialization formats (OWL/XML, RDF/XML, ...) can be done using
this library in the future.

Maybe it could already now be a solution for you, i.e. forget about changing
owlfss_owlrdfxml.pl, and try to connect the output of ACE->OWL/SWRL
(drs_to_owlswrl) directly to Thea's RDF/XML writer (if such a thing exists).

Greetings from Bangkok,
Kaarel