[Attempto] if - then sentences with Ace View

Jean-Marc Vanel jeanmarc.vanel at gmail.com
Sat Mar 13 14:44:11 CET 2010

2010/3/9 Norbert E. Fuchs <fuchs at ifi.uzh.ch>:
> I would write
>
> If a current-user C knows a person X
> and knows a person Y
> and X differs-from Y
> and X knows a person Z
> and Y knows Z
> and Z differs-from C
> then Z is a friend-proposal of C .
>
>   --- nef

Thanks, it works perfectly - at the syntax level . In Protégé 4.0.2, I
get all the classes, properties, and the rule defined above.

But now the issue is with differs-from ; I saw nothing about equality
in the documentation. How can equality be expressed in ACE and in DRS
?

In SWRL there is swrlb:notEqual ; see SWRL Submission : 8.1. Built-Ins
for Comparisons [1] ; in N3 logic it is log:notEquals .

[1] http://www.w3.org/Submission/SWRL/#8.1

--
Jean-Marc Vanel
Consulting, services, training,