[Attempto] OWL verbalizer in ACE converter ERROR!

Kaarel Kaljurand kaljurand at gmail.com
Tue Mar 23 19:51:26 CET 2010

Dear Kiavash Bahreini,

On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 15:30, Kiavash Bahreini
<kiavash.bahreini at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I am trying to convert the below links into "OWL 2 XML" as "ACE feed"
> through this link (http://owl.cs.manchester.ac.uk/converter)

This webservice converts OWL ontologies from one OWL syntax into another.

> http://slashdot.org/slashdot.rdf and http://slashdot.org/slashdot.xml  and
> http://rss.slashdot.org/Slashdot/slashdot

These are not OWL ontologies.

> After executing the convert button, I get the error below for
>http://slashdot.org/slashdot.rdf”, specially by selecting the OWL/XML and
> RDF/XML radio buttons.

These are OWL-API error messages which basically say that the input does
not conform to any of the OWL syntaxes.

> Then try to run OWL verbalizer through
> http://attempto.ifi.uzh.ch/site/docs/owl_to_ace.html and the sample of OWL 2
> tags inside the page, but received two types of errors as follow:
>
> Proxy Error
>
> The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.
>
> The proxy server could not handle the request POST
> /service/owl_verbalizer/owl_to_ace.

Right, for some reason the service is not running properly, I have
to look into this, thanks for reporting.
Until this gets fixed you can download the source code of the verbalizer
and run it locally, this is better as a long term solution anyway.

Btw, can you explain what you are trying to do?
Translate Slashdot feeds into ACE?

--
kaarel