[Attempto] Interface for Protege

Dilvan Moreira dilvan at gmail.com
Mon Oct 18 14:27:39 CEST 2010

   Thanks all for your answers.

   So, that would be the state of ACE tools (please correct me):

   1. APE - rock solid (APE webserver ???)
   2. RACE - not available, but Beta
   3. AceRules - Alpha
   4. AceWiki - Alpha
   5. ACE View - Protege plugin - Beta
   6. OWL verbalizer - ???
   7. ACE Editor - ???

   Alpha would be not usable (just demonstration).

>As Kaarel already wrote RACE is not an OWL/SWRL reasoner, but a full FOL
reasoner. I

   But wouldn't a FOL reasoner be more general then a DL one (in the sense
that it will compute any DL construct)? So if I feed OWL/SWRL assertions
(remembering that OWL+SWRL is beyond DL) to RACE wouldn't it return
meaningful answers/assertions?

   By the way, APE and RACE are written in Prolog, do they run in some
Prolog that runs on the Java JVM? For instance, GNU Prolog fo Java?

   Cheers,
Dilvan de Abreu Moreira, Ph.D.     dilvan at gmail.com
http://java.icmc.usp.br
Warning: I use a spam filter, some emails sent to me CAN be lost!