[Attempto] A RESTful api for AceWiki

Tobias Kuhn kuhntobias at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 08:50:35 CET 2011

Hi,

>    After several days of trying AceWiki and reading its code, I want to
> share some feelings and ideas about AceWiki.

Thanks for sharing! It looks very interesting.

>    In order to make this happen, AceWiki should split into two part,
> the UI part which most in ch.uzh.ifi.attempto.acewiki.gui package (or
> call it front end) and the actual function part which do all other
> things except UI (or call this back end part).

Yes, you are right. Model and view and not separated as they should be.
This wasn't a problem so far, because there was only one GUI, but it's
not so nice conceptually.

>    So I fork AceWiki on github and begin to implement my ideas, I
> choose RESTful style api for expose the wiki function, and now below
> functions are implemented(just verified using very simple test),
> 1. list all articles or search by word.
> 2. add comment to an article.
> 3. find candidate words for a partial sentence.

Very nice! Can you give a couple of concrete examples?

> And finally, the code: https://github.com/yuchangyuan/AceWiki/tree/dev

For those interested, this page shows the changes to the latest version
of AceWiki:
https://github.com/yuchangyuan/AceWiki/compare/AceWiki:master...yuchangyuan:dev

Regards,
Tobias