[Attempto] Every call C is urgent or C is important. -- minor bug

Joshua TAYLOR joshuaaaron at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 17:00:07 CEST 2011

On Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 10:23 AM, Ruesche-Jr, Daniel H
<daniel.h.ruesche-jr at boeing.com> wrote:
> I read your point but you seem to trivialize the efforts of attempto and the challenges it brings.  It appears perhaps you need some first hand experience at actually writing software and perhaps some training at being constructive instead of merely stating your desires.  Feel free to write your own application with the capabilities you desire.  Or you can request nicely of gracious folks like attempto who are providing their expertise free of charge.  Remember if this all was easy someone would have done it a long time ago attempto is pioneering this field.  Patience...

On the contrary,  I've been a fan of the hard work and and effort put
in by the members of the Attempto Project for quite some time now, and
have always been impressed with and thankful for their quick and
helpful responses to the many questions I've asked. (And patience with
me and bouncing emails as a result of multiple email addresses.)

The OP claimed that since "ACE is defined as a 'subset of standard
English', it has to meet such human reader's expectations" and that as
a result ACE should understand the utterance "Every call C is urgent
or C is important".  I simply meant to point out that "Every call C is
urgent or C is important" *isn't* standard English, and as such ACE
*should not* accept it or try to understand it.

//JT

--
Joshua Taylor, http://www.cs.rpi.edu/~tayloj/