[Attempto] Some questions about Attempto

Russell Allen mail at russell-allen.com
Mon May 30 03:58:28 CEST 2011

Hi guys,

I've just started looking into Attempto and had a couple of questions - it would be great if someone could point me towards appropriate papers etc (or tell me that I'm an idiot :)

I'm wondering how contextualised statements and in particular statements contextualised by time are expressed.

I'm coming from a law background, so I'm thinking of statements or rules such as:

James was born on 12 September 1972.
Books published before 1923 are in the public domain in the United States.
In this Act, cattle includes any horse, mare, gelding, colt, foal, filly, ass, mule, bull, cow, ox, steer, heifer, calf, ram, ewe, sheep, lamb, pig, goat, deer, alpaca, llama, vicuna, camel, or dromedary, and every hybrid or cross thereof.

(Last one is really from some Australian legislation. Watch out for the pig/llama crosses, they can be vicious)

Is this sort of thing possible in Attempt as it is currently defined?

Cheers, Russell