[Attempto] (no subject)

Norbert E. Fuchs fuchs at ifi.uzh.ch
Thu Apr 19 22:43:22 CEST 2012

On 19 Apr 2012, at 16:58 , shruti sugunan wrote:

> Im trying to work with RACE.
> I tried this,
>
> AXIOMS:
> A node is a title.It depends on some colors.
>
> QUERY:
> What is a node?
>

> THIS IS THE ERROR I AM GETTING:
> Query cannot be answered from axioms.
>
> I CANT UNDERSTAND WHY WOULD SUCH A SIMPLE QUERY NOT WORK?

Dear Shruti Sugunan

That RACE does not answer your query is related to the what I wrote in my preceding message to George Henson, namely that the current version of RACE does not allow the deduction

(1) A node is a title. |- A title is a node.

Thus when you try

(2) A node is a title. |- What is a node?

you implicitly assume (1) to match " What is a node?".

With the current restriction of not allowing (1) RACE will, however, answwer the query "A node is what?".

I'd be interested in the feedback, yours and those of the other contributors, whether or not (1) should be reactivated.

Regards.

   --- nef

PS. For the sake of clearly
associating responses to messages may I suggest that you send messages with a subjet line?