[Attempto] status of open source ACE tooling?

Kaarel Kaljurand kaljurand at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 09:06:22 CEST 2012

Hi,

On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 12:57 AM, Rich Morin <rdm at cfcl.com> wrote:
> ACE looks like it should be able to handle the needs of CLCE
>
>   Common Logic Controlled English
>   http://www.jfsowa.com/clce/specs.htm
>
> However, I don't see a clear path to doing so.  Could someone
> let me know the status of open source ACE tools, particularly
> as applied to parsing and/or generating CLCE, KIF, etc?
>
> I've looked at the Attempto Downloads page
>
>   http://attempto.ifi.uzh.ch/site/downloads/
>
> but it only lists AceWiki and APE.  Is there any other tooling
> around that I should investigate?

more tools are listed on:

http://attempto.ifi.uzh.ch/site/tools/

Some of them are also open-source, e.g.:

  - http://code.google.com/p/aceview/
  - http://code.google.com/p/owlverbalizer/

But none of them are specific to CLCE/KIF.

To convert ACE into another format, e.g. CLCE or KIF, you could
consider applying the required transformations at the DRS level. There
are many examples in https://github.com/Attempto/APE/tree/master/utils
of how to convert the DRS into other formats (OWL, TPTP. RuleML, ACE,
...).

--
kaarel