[Attempto] Should I expect RACE to figure this out?

Kaarel Kaljurand kaljurand at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 09:28:39 CEST 2012

Hi,

On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 20:10, Joshua TAYLOR <tayloj at cs.rpi.edu> wrote:
> I tried running the axioms through the consistency checker, and got
> warnings "the room" (that if it was supposed to be anaphoric, then it
> needed a  referent).  I tried adding the axiom "There is a room." and
> the proof works:
>
> Axioms: There is a room. A person is outside the room, or kicks a dog.
> The person is inside the room. if a person is outside the room then
> the person is not inside the room. if a person is inside the room then
> the person is not outside the room.

Another way to make it work is the Axioms:

A person is outside a room, or kicks a dog.
The person is inside a room.
If a person is outside a room then the person is not inside a room.

(This describes a more general setting, i.e. being inside vs outside
applies to all possible rooms.)

Best regards,
Kaarel