[Attempto] How to get started with extension-generalization of Attempto for sub-domain specific language?

Tobias Kuhn kuhntobias at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 08:09:42 CET 2013

Dear Edmon,

Your examples look quite different from ACE, so I think you would need
to build your own CNL. If you want to reuse the predictive editor, the
best starting point is probably the ACE Editor, which is part of the
AceWiki code base:

   https://github.com/AceWiki/AceWiki

You would have to change the grammar to fit your own needs:

https://github.com/AceWiki/AceWiki/blob/master/src/ch/uzh/ifi/attempto/aceeditor/aceeditor_grammar.pl

This grammar is in the Codeco format, which is explained in these
publications:

   http://attempto.ifi.uzh.ch/site/pubs/papers/kuhn2012jlli.pdf
   http://attempto.ifi.uzh.ch/site/pubs/papers/doctoral_thesis_kuhn.pdf

The above grammar for the ACE Editor does not define the translation
into logic (the parser APE is used for this), but you can define the
mapping to an internal representation as lambda expressions in Codeco.
This feature is not well documented, but the grammar of the Coral system
shows how it works:

https://github.com/tkuhn/Coral/blob/master/src/ch/uzh/ifi/attempto/coral/coral_grammar.pl

I hope this is helpful. Let me know if you have further questions.

Regards,
Tobias