[Attempto] unconditionally generate rules

Kaarel Kaljurand kaljurand at gmail.com
Tue May 28 14:34:48 CEST 2013

Hi,

On Sun, May 26, 2013 at 9:56 PM, Jean-Marc Vanel
<jeanmarc.vanel at gmail.com> wrote:

> Where should I modify the code to unconditionally generate rules, and not
> try OWL at all ?

you should convert all the DRSs to implications and then directly call
utils/owlswrl/implication_to_swrl.pl
but I'm not sure it's a good approach. Also note that SWRL rules
contain OWL classes as atoms, so OWL would still be there...

> Currently I take the generated OWL and get N3 rules out of it, at least for
> some of the  OWL patterns. Obviously it would be better to have only SWRL
> rules.

Why? I think your current approach is OK.

> I also translate SWRL into N3, and later I'd like to have a direct
> translation from DRS to N3 rules. And of course be able to verbalize
> existing rules.

Yes, you could try to implement a bidirectional DRS<->N3 converter.

Best regards,
Kaarel