[Attempto] Sample Attempto CNL ontology

Kaarel Kaljurand kaljurand at gmail.com
Tue Nov 5 09:17:09 CET 2013

Dear Edmon,

On Mon, Nov 4, 2013 at 2:06 AM, Edmon Begoli <ebegoli at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Kaarel - I was thinking of something more general.
> Ideally, I would like to encode definitions/concepts, relationships and
> axioms on (controlled) English and then have them, as needed,
> translated to OWL or formal logic.

If you're interested in the OWL output then the easiest is to write
the sentences in AceWiki (e.g. into a new page in the sandbox wiki,
http://attempto.ifi.uzh.ch/webapps/acewikisandbox/). AceWiki guides
you with the look-ahead editor and upon the completion of a sentence
indicates if it's OWL compatible (almost all inputs allowed by the
editor are OWL compatible).

Otherwise you can use the APE webclient
(http://attempto.ifi.uzh.ch/ape/) and switch on the FOL, TPTP, OWL
outputs to see how the mapping to logic is done.

> If nothing, I would just like to have my descriptions formalized in
> Attempto.
> I will have examples of specification available in a week or two.

It would be great if you shared it with the list then, e.g. I'm
interested in how much of your specification can be mapped to OWL.

Best regards,
Kaarel