[Attempto] RACE: Extension of "how many" queries

Norbert E. Fuchs fuchs at ifi.uzh.ch
Sat Aug 30 18:35:58 CEST 2014

On 30 Aug 2014, at 17:21 , George Herson <gherson at snet.net> wrote:

> Nice!
>
> Tested
>    John is a man.  Harry is a man.  John is Harry.
>    There are how many men?
> at http://attempto.ifi.uzh.ch/race/
>
> If it is always going to be the case that the user will have to explicitly specify that different names refer to the same object for that interpretation, I think the warning is a distraction.

George

Thanks for your feedback.

Since proper names are per default unique you always have to specify that two different names refer to the same named object. This situation may not occur often, but I included this case anyway.

I had introduced the warning message before I found a way to report the third axiom ("John is Harry.") which was a little tricky. Once I found a solution I left the warning, but as you suggested, it could distract. Removed.

Regards.