[Attempto] Why are these 2 sentences incorrect for APE ?

Vijay Saraswat vijay at saraswat.org
Sun Jun 19 23:13:12 CEST 2016

Would we be able to fix the grammar so that these are acceptable:

 > John has money.
 > John sells goods.

Arguably, |John sells some goods| is implied by |John sells goods|, but
not the other way around.

Arguably, if a human knows |John sells goods|, s/he would conclude that
the probability of |John teaches category theory| is low.

i.e. |John sells goods| tells the listener what John does for a living,
whereas |John sells some goods| is compatible with him doing so casually.