[Attempto] Bug on if then sentence

Tobias Kuhn kuhntobias at gmail.com
Tue May 29 07:27:04 CEST 2018

Hi Pierre-Alexandre Voye,

I don't think it's a bug, but using "-guess" can lead to unexpected
results. If you use word class prefixes (or even better a lexicon), the
sentence parses as expected:

> If a user v:clicks on a button B1 and a name of B1 is "Submit" and p:FirstNameTextField is empty or p:LastNameTextField is empty then p:Droopy is happy.

In your version, the guessing assumed "click" to be an adverb and "on a
button B1 and a name of B1" to be a prepositional phrase, both attached
to the verb "is". So the sentence gets roughly the same syntax tree as
"a user normally on Monday and Tuesday is happy", which is a bit an
unconventional structure in English but is valid in ACE.

Regards,
Tobias