[Attempto] Parsing questions and affirmations

Marco Zanchi mzanchi at gmail.com
Sat Dec 14 12:48:45 CET 2019

Hi there,

I have been playing with the parser recently and noticed a strange
behaviour, not sure if it is down to the language definition or not. I can
ask a question:

*Is the project Alpha late?*

And this parses well:

<DRS domain="">
  <Question>
    <DRS domain="A B">
      <object
 ref="B"
 noun="project"
 struct="countable"
 unit="na"
 numrel="eq"
 num="1"
 sentid="1"
 tokid="3"/>
      <predicate
 ref="A"
 verb="be"
 subj="B"
 obj="named('Alpha')"
 sentid="1"
 tokid="1"/>
      <modifier_adv ref="A" adverb="late" degree="pos" sentid="1"
tokid="5"/>
    </DRS>
  </Question>
</DRS>

But if I try the equivalent affirmation:

*The project Alpha is late.*

then I get a parsing error.
ERROR: [sentence] at 1-4: 'The project Alpha <> is late.'. This is the
first sentence that was not ACE. The sign <> indicates the position where
parsing failed.

Has anyone encountered anything of the sort?