[Attempto] Attempto reasoner (RACE) status ?

Norbert E. Fuchs fuchs at ifi.uzh.ch
Sat May 29 11:40:29 CEST 2021

> On 28 May 2021, at 18:30 , David Whitten <whitten at worldvista.org> wrote:
>
> I have an email from Norbert from 2014 in which he mentioned that he was working on RACE.
> What is the status of this reasoner ?
>
> Thanks,
> Dave Whitten
> 713-870-3834

Dave

The work is finished in so far, as the most recent version of RACE covers all of ACE with the exception of those constructs that have no direct presentation in first-order logic, i.e. imperatives and two modalities.

Also I added a functional extension to allow, for example, recursive algorithms. Furthermore, there are some extensions to cover common sense phenomena like Leibniz' law of inertia. These extensions will be described in two forthcoming papers.

All of this is – as before – available through RACE's web-service and RACE's web-interface.

The time has now come to wrap up, to clean up the code, to update the documentation, and to finally publish the RACE code.

Best regards.