[Attempto] Categories in the ACE lexicon

Jörg Preisendörfer hallo at joerg-preisendoerfer.de
Tue Mar 8 19:08:00 CET 2022

Happy Women's Day everybody,

in wrapping my head around ACE, some questions occured to me which I'd
like to sort out step by step.

I am aware that the answers in many cases will be entirely obvious for
people who were involved in the development of ACE or even for every
linguist of some sort, but I'd nevertheless prefer your answers over
uninformed or informed guessing. You may want take that approach as an
expression of respect. :-)

To start with a simple one, here's a question refering to the word
catergories in the ACE lexicon,

* https://github.com/Attempto/APE/blob/master/prolog/lexicon/clex_lexicon.pl

The lexicon uses the abbreviations 'finsg' and 'infpl' to mark verb
categories.

Am I assuming right that 'finsg' stands for 'finite' and 'singular'
whereas 'infpl' stands for 'infinite' and 'plural'?

Thx

-- J.