[Attempto] Install help with AceWiki

Tobias Kuhn t.kuhn at gmx.ch
Wed Dec 10 09:43:46 CET 2008

Hi,

Jiang, Guoqian, Ph.D. wrote:
> Well, is there an example instance available somewhere?

I wrote a CGI script that returns a zip file containing the current data of the public AceWiki
instances:

http://attempto.ifi.uzh.ch/cgi-bin/get_acewiki_data.cgi

> By the way, I tried acewiki for adding a statement and found there is no way to add a full stop as a function word. In addition, I could not edit directly in the sentence editor and also I could not paste a ace sentence into the editor. Any idea?

Yes, the words can contain only letters, numbers, and hyphens. Blanks are also supported by AceWiki
but they are represented by underscores internally. Other special characters are not supported at
the moment. It's planned to update the ACE parser (or rather its tokenizer) to be more flexible in
this respect.

In the editor, one has to use the Delete-button, the menus, and the text field to change or create a
sentence. I agree that it would be nicer if one could edit the text directly, but the Echo Web
Framework misses change listeners that would fire an event each time the text has changed. I hope
that this will be possible in some way in the future.

Pasting a text into the text field (but not into the read-only text area) should be possible. This
might be browser dependent.

> I guess that there is a bug (or intended feature?) as the sentence editor does not accept the following statement that is generated from Protege ACE View.
>
>  Every Methotrexate-Loaded_Nanoparticle is a
>     Nanoparticle
>                 that has_component_parts
>         a Methotrexate
>                 that has_roles a Nanoparticle_Payload_Agent .
> When I input the highlighted part of the sentence, I could not get a full stop function word to finish the sentence.

That's indeed a bug. Thanks for reporting it!

Tobias