[Attempto] Generate ACE sinppets for an OWL class

Kaarel Kaljurand kaljurand at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 15:06:22 CET 2008

Hi,

On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 3:56 PM, Jiang, Guoqian, Ph.D.
<Jiang.Guoqian at mayo.edu> wrote:

> Thank you very much for notes.
>
> Looking forward to seeing your source release of ACE View plugin.
>
> The process of the ACE view generation you described is very helpful. I
> just wonder if there is a way that I can get an initialized instance of
> ACETextManger (or other factory class) directly from your ACEView plugin
> and reuse those ace snippets or sentences already processed by your
> plugin.

There is a method in ACETextManger:

    public static ACEText getActiveACEText()

It gives you the ACEText object which is an extension of List<ACESnippet>,
so you can iterate over all the snippets in the text.
(This is the case in the current version.
In the next version of ACE View, you have to write acetext.getSnippets()
to get a list of snippets.)

I don't know if it's possible to write Protege 4 plugins that expect the
ACE View plugin to be present, and extend and use ACE View classes.
That would be a useful thing to have.

Anyway, I'll try to release the next version of ACE View before next Tuesday,
and include the source code as well, then you can see yourself what is the best
way to reuse the code.

--
kaarel