[Attempto] Install Help AceWiki

Tobias Kuhn t.kuhn at gmx.ch
Sun Dec 28 13:13:47 CET 2008

Hi Martin,

hard to tell what's going wrong without seeing any error message. Have you checked the AceWiki log
files in the "logs" directory? In fact, the problem could be that the AceWiki process has no rights
to create this directory and the "data" directory. Are these directories created?

Another problem could be that "ape.exe" is not found. It is not run directly but read by SWI Prolog.
Thus, having it in the path variable might not be sufficient. Try to either copy it to the directory
of the AceWiki process or to give the full path of "ape.exe" in your "web.xml"-file.

Actually, I am using Jetty to run AceWiki and I have no experience using Tomcat. But AceWiki has
successfully been run under Tomcat. See also this message:

http://mail.ifi.uzh.ch/pipermail/attempto/2008-December/000029.html

Cheers,
Tobias