[Attempto] Install Help AceWiki

Tobias Kuhn t.kuhn at gmx.ch
Sun Dec 28 13:52:55 CET 2008

Martin Stange wrote:
> the problem was the path to ape.exe in thte web.xml file.
> Now it seems to work! Thanks a lot!!
>
> Now I got another question: where does acewiki save the data?? I can't
> see a data directory under tomcat/webapps/acewiki/*,  but I have created
> some content ...

The data is saved in a directory called "data" in the directory of the AceWiki process. Each AceWiki
ontology gets its own subdirectory inside of "data". This subdirectory contains a file per each
ontology element, the names of the files being numbers (the ids of the ontology elements).

If your content is still there after restarting AceWiki then there is certainly such a "data"
directory somewhere. Otherwise, the process has probably no rights to create this directory. In this
case you should somehow make sure that AceWiki has write permissions to the respective directory.

Cheers,
Tobias