[Attempto] AceRules help regarding generalized quantifiers

Stephan Mueller mail at stephanmueller.me
Tue Dec 30 15:56:03 CET 2008

Hello,

I've been using AceRules trying to put together a small set of ACE
rules and execute them in courteous mode. However, I do have a problem
with generalized quantifiers, as it is illustrated in the following
example:

Input: "If someone X has at least 1 order then X is a customer. John
has exactly 2 orders."

Output: "John has exactly 2 orders."

In this example, I would additionally expect the output "John is a
customer" which I only get when not using the generalized quantifiers
and specifying the exact amount of orders ("If someone X has 2 orders
then X is a customer. John has 2 orders.")

Are these constructs not supported in AceRules or is there another way
to formulated rules involving quantities? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Stephan