[Attempto] AceWiki entry [...]

Tobias Kuhn t.kuhn at gmx.ch
Sat Dec 19 12:17:36 CET 2009

George,

Again, thanks for your suggestions!

> I feel there needs to be more help in the wiki for sentence-entering
> users. Maybe when a part of speech (e.g., noun) can't be chosen,
> clicking Help will reveal the likeliest reasons why, at that point in
> construction.

Ok. I put it onto my todo list. I have to think about it. It could be difficult to implement it in a
general (i.e. grammar independent) way.

> Should a Determiner word category ("at least <number>", etc) appear in
> the Sentence Editor when predicted?

Do you propose that "at least <number>" should appear instead of just "at least"? That could be
helpful indeed. Maybe even "at least <number> <noun>"...

> The Sentence Editor needs height, but the height of the Word Editor and
> Word Creator dialog boxes sometimes unnecessarily push the OK and Cancel
> buttons out of easy reach.

Ok, I see the point. But these buttons are at their usual position, so putting them at a different
place would probably be confusing too.

By the way, pressing Escape triggers Cancel, and pressing Enter (when the text field is empty)
triggers OK. However, I am not sure whether this works on all browser and operating systems.

> To save a second or two creating words, maybe the plural can default to
> the singular + 's'

Agreed. This is already on my todo list.

Tobias