[Attempto] AceWiki entry [...]

Tobias Kuhn t.kuhn at gmx.ch
Mon Dec 21 16:35:14 CET 2009

George,

Some questions that I did not yet answer:

> For the todo list: a way to edit a word mid-sentence without deleting
> the words that follow it.

Ok. I added it to the todo list (could be tricky however).

> Is there a good way yet to put a clex_lexicon.pl
> in use for AceWiki? Do we need a program to
> translate it into ape/data/<wiki name>/<article #> files?

At the moment, there is no possiblity to load the words from a Clex file into AceWiki. A program
that translates from the ACE Lexicon format into the AceWiki data storage format would certainly be
nice to have. Are you planning to create such a program?

> How do we specify an optional item, e.g., "Every sentence contains at
> least 0 or more adverbs"? Entering 0 after "at least" wasn't an option:
> the function list starts at 1.

Right. That's not possible at the moment. In terms of logic, a sentence like "every sentence
contains at least 0 adverbs" does not make much sense, because it is always true. You could replace
"adverbs" by "elephants", and the sentence would logically still be true.

We are nevertheless considering adding "0" to the ACE grammar in this context. E.g. "every adverb
contains 0 sentences" could be a reasonable statement.

Cheers,
Tobias