[Attempto] public repository for AceWiki

Tobias Kuhn kuhntobias at gmail.com
Wed Dec 30 12:41:00 CET 2009

Hi everyone,

I am thinking about where to put the AceWiki code, and at the moment Launchpad is my favorite. I
read about distributed revision control systems (DRCS) like Git and Bazaar, and I really like their
concepts.

I think I prefer Bazaar over Git, because Bazaar is said to be easier to use, especially if one is
already familiar with CVS and SVN. Furthermore, Bazaar has better cross-platform support. Another
option would be Mercurial, which is a DRCS similar to Bazaar.

I am considering the public repositories SourceForge, Google Code, Launchpad, and GitHub.
SourceForge supports Git, Bazaar and Mercurial, but is said to be ugly, old and slow. Google Code
supports only Mercurial; Launchpad only Bazaar; and GitHub only Git.

Launchpad/Bazaar is my favorite solution at the moment, but I am still undecided. I set up an
account for AceWiki on Launchpad, just to check out how it looks and feels:

   https://launchpad.net/acewiki

I am still open for suggestions, personal preferences, and other thoughts to influence my decision.

Cheers,
Tobias