[Attempto] [protege-discussion] "java.net.ConnectException" error

Kaarel Kaljurand kaljurand at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 21:47:48 CET 2009

Hi,

On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 9:18 PM, Bush, Stephen F (GE, Research)
<bushsf at research.ge.com> wrote:

> 1. I don't see an option to automatically update plugins-- where is that
> located?

See the menu:

Preferences... -> Plugins

Press the button "Check for downloads now"; check the plug-in that you want to
install; press "Install"; and do a restart.

See also:

* http://protegewiki.stanford.edu/index.php/EnablePluginAutoUpdate
* http://clarkparsia.com/pellet/protege (this page instructs how to
install Pellet)

> 2. I'm getting the error: "Couldn't load view plugin:"  when trying to
> run this version. There are no Java console errors.

Hard to say what could be the problem.
Does it print the name of the view that could not be loaded?
Are you using the latest Protege?
Can you load other views (e.g. from other plugins)?
Does it help if you execute Tabs -> "Reset selected tab to default state"?

--
kaarel